Home

Go Back   .: XT660.com - The #1 XT660 Resource :. > XT660X & XT660R > XT660X/R Tech Section > XT660X Tyres
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Main site

Google

Old 22-12-17, 09:04
Banned

waynovetten is on a distinguished road
Come guys read the OP’s requirements few miles quick warm up this guy needs a PR3 like a hole in the head the tyre would be out of date before he wore it out never mind getting it up to temp.

Besides you show me a Michelin i’ll Show you a soft walled slow turning tyre.
Old 22-12-17, 18:31
Junior XT-Moto

beef is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynovetten View Post
Come guys read the OP’s requirements few miles quick warm up this guy needs a PR3 like a hole in the head the tyre would be out of date before he wore it out never mind getting it up to temp.

Exactly. Just need a front tyre that will warm up quickest and give best grip from the get go. Don't car if it needs replacing after 500 miles as long as it grips the road without have to ride hard.
Old 23-12-17, 16:12
Banned

waynovetten is on a distinguished road
There you go Dunlop wet,Sport Smart,Qualifier you'd be lucky to go 100 miles on a dry day with that wet and that's assuming it didn't turn to chewing gum and chuck you off either of the other two stick well and warm up quick just down to what deal you can get.

Old 23-12-17, 22:39
SemiPro XT-Moto

djw992 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynovetten View Post

I have to say I've found PR3s warm up pretty quickly with normal riding. OP said himself he doesn't ride hard, (not to suggest that one can't ride hard on them), I can't see how the PR3s could be a bad choice.

My XT did have some Sport Smarts fitted when I got it, but were a bit squared off and were changed shortly after so I can't really comment, but I have heard that both those and the ContiAttack SMs are a good choice for hard riding.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-18, 03:29
Junior XT-Moto

beef is on a distinguished road
So I have decided on the pilot road 3. Might as well change the rear bridgestone also.

Now my question is are the pilot road 4s better than the 3s in terms of grip an earn up time. Not I treated in the fact that they last longer priority is grip an warm up time.