Home

Go Back   .: XT660.com - The #1 XT660 Resource :. > XT660X & XT660R > XT660X/R Tech Section > XT660X Tyres
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Main site

Google

View Poll Results: XTX Specific Tyre poll - Vote your favourite tyres
Avon Distanzia 39 23.93%
Avon Azaro-SP Pro-Xtreme Rain 2 1.23%
Bridgestone BT-090 15 9.20%
Continental 7 4.29%
Dunlop 17 10.43%
Maxxis 9 5.52%
Michelin Pilot 37 22.70%
Metzler 11 6.75%
Pirelli Dragon (Original tyres) 18 11.04%
Other Brands - please specify 12 7.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-11, 21:16
Expert XT-Moto

hushy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk40 View Post
Hushy,, ye will NOT go wrong wi a Distanza........ the best fur these bikes... wet or dry
did my usual when needing any for the xtx. check the forum for guidance and price. but luv the look of the new tyre.
hushy
Old 10-07-11, 22:11
Junior XT-Moto

Nic is on a distinguished road
BT-090
I have yet to try a tire that can compete with that in corners. At any temperatures, its so sticky theres no way it would slide off in corners. Only downside is tire wear, only lasts for about ~3000km

Might try a BT016 but does anyone have experience with it?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-12, 22:15
Expert XT-Moto

mudrock is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up xt660x rubbers

At last, the
Pirelli Dragons have gone, slightly squared off, after 2200miles.
A pair of Avon Distanzia fitted and wot a differents, I can now go round a wet corner, not lookin like a new rider, it felt like riding in the ice, everytime it rained. Horrible Dragons .
I got them from, ride in bike tyres, reading. £248, nice chap, easy to do business with,
So lookin forward to riding the bike each morning,
Old 03-12-12, 17:36
XT-Moto SuperStar

SimonRoma is on a distinguished road
Well all very interesting reading!!! I use my X mainly as a scooter so 80% of the time it is in the city, with some small blasts within a radius of 100 to 200km of home, any more than that and things get both tiring and weavy, as over 140kph she tends to become too light on the front so a bit wavy.....and I do use her all year round, rain and shine.
So my tyre idea was really the same as I use for my Vito van and the wife's Polo, I have two sets of wheels for the van and for the car so come November time I fit the wheels with the winter tyres and then in March ish I put the summer wheels and tyres back on, this way I dont bother with chains.
Roma is at sea level BUT around the city we have several places much higher up, and over the winter the law says that you MUST have either winter tyres or snow chains.
So for the XT I want to have my normal "summer" tyres (I have Pirelli Dragons which I like in the dry) and then purchase a set of Avons or Contis for the winter months. We had some snow last year which is unusual for Roma and when I tried the XT on the snow I fell off after about 5 metres hehe......
Plus: smoked Puig screen, Yam aluminium sump guard, Yamaha / Acerbis handguards, Givi Trekker aluminium side cases, Leo Vince X3 cans plus Kev front fork mod and Fender Xtender. Just fitted Michelin Road Pilot 3 tyres.

SOLD the XTX for a Super Ten 1200. And just bought a Raptor 700 so staying on here for some tips....
Old 03-12-12, 20:25
XT-Moto SuperStar

Dual is on a distinguished road
Mitas E-07