Home

Go Back   .: XT660.com - The #1 XT660 Resource :. > XT660 Community > Forum Announcements
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Main site

Google

Forum Announcements General news about the forum and project developments

Closed Thread

Old 15-05-18, 10:50

Gas_Up_Lets_Go is on a distinguished road
Guys - I've setup a loosely affiliated Facebook Group - feel free to join up

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3793...vity&ref=notif

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Old 15-05-18, 12:12
Junior XT-Moto

Deg5y is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMoto View Post
No one needs the website, we are not selling anymore MTC exhausts and Kev Mods are still available on ebay so if anyone wants one they can still speak to Kev via pm so the website can close and the forum continue to exists.

I don't understand, I thought one of the reasons you didn't push for subscription was because the likes of Kev and MTC supported the site in return for possible sales.
So if they don't, then do what they had to do on the BIRD site and allow so many posts before subscription. The subscription allowing access to the help and technical section.

The BIRD site was dire after BIKERS ORACLE collapsed but it paid for itself in about 3 months and membership is creeping back up.
As for what happens to any surplus wonga I don't know and don't care as the site is too valuable a source of bike related help to lose.
Old 15-05-18, 13:37
XT-Moto SuperStar

Dual is on a distinguished road
Another Facebook group
There are a few already
Why don't they just start one an concentrate everything under one site?

https://www.facebook.com/search/groups/?q=Yamaha
Old 15-05-18, 14:31
The Guv'nor

CaptMoto is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deg5y View Post
I don't understand, I thought one of the reasons you didn't push for subscription was because the likes of Kev and MTC supported the site in return for possible sales.
So if they don't, then do what they had to do on the BIRD site and allow so many posts before subscription. The subscription allowing access to the help and technical section.

The BIRD site was dire after BIKERS ORACLE collapsed but it paid for itself in about 3 months and membership is creeping back up.
As for what happens to any surplus wonga I don't know and don't care as the site is too valuable a source of bike related help to lose.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, my friend

As I have no secrets I am going to explain to you as follows

Kev back in 2004, used to be a regular forum member, I soon discovered through his posts that he was a hell of a knowledgeable mechanic and I was impressed when he devised his fuel mod to stop the bike surging. Realizing what potential his knowledge would be to this forum, was for me was a God sent, because honestly I don't have that much knowledge and understanding of mechanic at his level specially when it comes to fuel injection bikes, talk to me about carburettors and I am your man, but that's because I am a 60's child and the technology we have today is way above me.

So I approached Kev with a proposal for him to become the "in-house" mechanical backbone to assist YOU the members, with his valuable help and even on a one to one basis for the XT Supporter's, and we made a gentlemen's agreement from day 1 that if I would let him sell his mods on my website and forum, the profit from his sales would be the only incentive I could afford to keep Kev on this site and assist people with the mechanical knowledge I don't have. To which Kev agreed and the rest is history to this day.

So for the record, whatever Kev makes from the mods sales, all goes to him, and also Kev can tell you himself, take away parts and postage and the time it takes him to sit and build 10-15 mods a day, the profit he makes off the sales of his mods it's peanuts anyway. Nothing to write home about.

So with all due respect that's the first wrong assumption on your side my friend.

Let me move on to the other subject you pointed out, first MTC Exhausts.

Once again this was never a business venture, we don't pay VAT here, but MTC does so I can only act as a redirecting agent and not as an out and out shop so all sales of MTC exhausts went to MTC and the only incentive for MTC to be on board was me ensuring them a good number of sales to which MTC's only commitment was to offer these cans at more affordable discount (10%) which had to be cheaper than what they sold them on their own website and eBay store. With me doing a hell of a lot of canvassing this worked ok for the first 10 years of our deal, but eventually sales of MTC exhausts, dried up completely and the last set of cans was sold in Oct 2017, so in March I looked at it and felt very guilty keeping MTC on board with no profit and also very embarrassed that things turned out this way, so I had to let them go.

Finally you mentioned money made from memberships, you said something widely allusive as to where that money goes after so and so it's paid. This is the point where your post becomes direct and offensive to me

In your words I repeat what you said...

As for what happens to any surplus wonga I don't know and don't care as the site is too valuable a source of bike related help to lose

Exactly what the hell do you know about this that makes you so knowledgeable to spout out such "out of your rear end" nonsense?

It is at this point when you and I will have an unrecoverable "fall out" in this discussion and I don't want you or others to paraphrase such unfounded bullsh|t and inaccurate facts, Appreciate the honesty in which I have highlighted your first points but this is where we fought and died I am afraid none of us being the winners.

But for the record the reason why the BIRD site had to go is because with me and Kev stressed to the limit for no profit at all, me figuring just loss over loss from the payment of Web designer, Internet Providers, Vbulletin monthly bug update fees, Domain costs for xt660.com which is not free to keep, we were bombarded with emails through the "Contact Us" email line from a large number of ignorant arrogant pricks that demanded for us to help them fix their bike simply because the name of our site is XT660, that to some idiots implies that we are like a charity helping people with a certain disease. We had tried to help them and we redirected some to this forum where they could find the help but some are so ignorant they can just about use email let alone register into a forum and navigate its complexity.

Now without ever complaining to you guys here, we've put up with this crap for the best part of 14 years, now we've had enough of it.

Personally I have had it with peasants from Colombia, the whole of Brazil, and other Eastern European post-communist countries like Romanians, Polish and other countries where web etiquette is "what? You are online you owe me this, motherf...." that their "cotton picking" ignorance has busted my balls for years, so I am calling it a day.

Now please let's leave it as that, I did ask people to respect my wishes, I have "served" this community in full transparency and honesty since 2004 when the bike was launched. I did none of you any wrong, so please allow me the smooth exit I have laid out with 2 years of notice for the closure of this forum, which is more than anyone in my position would have done.

So stop accusing me of "tyranny" or you put me in position where I can turn ugly and show you what tyranny really looks like, same as when Photobucket blocked all our stored pictures demanding a ransom of $99 to have them revealed, which none of us could afford. How would you like it if for my peace of mind for the next two years I was to turn this forum "read only" without allowing any further posts, unless anyone pays me $99 to simply be a member? Not nice is it, mate? I rest my case

Many thanks

Last edited by CaptMoto; 15-05-18 at 20:28.
Old 15-05-18, 20:21
The Guv'nor

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynovetten View Post
My my what a rant all dictatorships end this is just another.

I’ll bet good money within 3 months there will be an XT660 UK site up and running and folks even be able to advertise parts without be held to ransom.

CaptMoto the reality is this board may well be your baby you have also strangled it with your dictatorship of course you will be in complete denial to such as all dictators are,it’s a shame but the buck stops at you and no one else.

I see loads of websites that tick along just fine without any nonsense from the admin like this.
Yeah whatever you say mate. wake up and smell the coffee, not sure what dream you're on about dictatorship but you're another one of those who are talking nonsense.

Anyway moral of the story is now I am expected to receive a lot of controversy posts from pea brains who do not appreciate all of what has been offered to them all these years and have the courage to come out of the wood work now. Well have at it I don't care.

Enjoy while you got it and since this was an ANNOUNCEMENT NOT A DEBATE this thread is now closed, so all those with a beef about this announcement, live with it or switch off and get a life.

Last edited by CaptMoto; 15-05-18 at 20:51.
Old 17-05-18, 02:20
The Guv'nor

The website is now closed and our Facebook page has also been archived, this means old posts can still be seen by those who were members but all activities such as liking, posting or replying have been disabled.

As promised this forum will remain open until 31st Dec 2019
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread