Home

Go Back   .: XT660.com - The #1 XT660 Resource :. > XT660 Community > Owner's reviews - XTX / XTR / XTZ bikes > XT660R Reviews
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Main site

Google

XT660R Reviews The "R" - Good or Bad

Old 24-02-11, 02:42
Expert XT-Moto

supamanaint is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by platty View Post
There's only one problem that I have encountered on the XTR !!! And that is because I'm not one of those "RIGHT THINKING PEOPLE" who brought a Tenere I'm not able to attend the Trail Zone Tenere Tragics ride to Arkaroola scheduled for early March.

Now I've heard of One Make rallies before but One Model !!! The excuse is that this was a requirement imposed by Yamaha - if so I respectfully suggest that Yamaha take their head out of their own collective rear-ends (see I was too nice to say arse )
I`m not sure this is a Yamaha thing, just something organised by clubby from Trailzone. I have a mate in the know so will get him to check.

But hey I think an XT only rally could be the go in the future, any takers.
Old 24-02-11, 03:33
Junior XT-Moto

HerrMnnn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by supamanaint View Post
I`m not sure this is a Yamaha thing, just something organised by clubby from Trailzone. I have a mate in the know so will get him to check.

But hey I think an XT only rally could be the go in the future, any takers.
Yep, you're right. I dragged up the old email which was a Yamaha Australia media release and read it properly this time - organised by Trail Zones Clubby, and sponsored by Yamaha...

Link to media release
Old 24-02-11, 03:57

Woottonboy is on a distinguished road
going to?

" XT only rally could be the go in the future, any takers."

Depends on destination.
Old 25-02-11, 13:18
XT-Moto SuperStar

66T is on a distinguished road
People, I'm very happy that you love your XTRs so much. But we Tenere people seem to feel the same about our bikes, with just cause.

As for being sad about a Tenere-only rally, well, that's a perception thing. I will not weep one tear if you lot have an XTR-only ride. Good on you if you do. There were only 50 places available for the Tenere thing as I understand it, and so I missed out. And so would most of you with your XTRs, were they accepted.

Please relax and accept we are all XT660 owners who like our bikes.
Sponsored Links
Old 28-02-11, 00:27
Junior XT-Moto

HerrMnnn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66T View Post
People, I'm very happy that you love your XTRs so much. But we Tenere people seem to feel the same about our bikes, with just cause.

As for being sad about a Tenere-only rally, well, that's a perception thing. I will not weep one tear if you lot have an XTR-only ride. Good on you if you do. There were only 50 places available for the Tenere thing as I understand it, and so I missed out. And so would most of you with your XTRs, were they accepted.

Please relax and accept we are all XT660 owners who like our bikes.
Hi 66T, personally I don't think it was a case of XTZ bashing, far from it - if I could afford an XTZ I quite honestly wouldn't even be considering an XTR (although now I know the potential of the XTR that would have been unfair). I took it as a light hearted dig at Yamaha for making it exclusive to the Tenere, but I can also understand why they would do that - the Tenere badge is a great name for the marketing guys and they want to protect it.

As far as I'm concerned, a future XT ride should include all XT's from the early models to the current XTZ. When I get my XTR I'll be up for a ride like that, especially if it goes to the Flinders Ranges....
Old 28-02-11, 04:23
Expert XT-Moto

supamanaint is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

As far as I'm concerned, a future XT ride should include all XT's from the early models to the current XTZ. When I get my XTR I'll be up for a ride like that, especially if it goes to the Flinders Ranges....[/quote]

I`m all for this, open to all XT`s would be grrrrate maybe TT`s as well.

I think most if not all owners of XT`s feel strong about their bikes and why not, after all they have always been great bikes no matter what model.

Ok so the Flinders Ranges sounds good to me.........any others ?
Old 31-03-11, 01:20
Newbie XT-Moto

Pres is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrMnnn View Post
Thanks skt, I appreciate the offer, but I don't get to Melb much at all - I would expect my next visit will be to pick up an XTR if I can sell the TDM. Although I have my eye on one in Adelaide, and another in Sydney (riding 1300km home from Sydney via Kosciusko NP would be a good way to get used to it...)

I'm really impressed by the enthusiasm of the people on this forum - it's a good sign for the XTR, reminds me of the TDM forum....
Check out Team Moto in Sydney i picked up a new 2010 model for 10500 on road z model about 5000 more can't see the value in extra $ for what i'm using it for mainly 50-100 klm fishing trips in mountains. Xtr very capable bike but will change from Tourances to more off-road capable tyre and 2 into 1 exhaust to save a bit off weight and to get rid of the fat rear end (the bikes that is) Any suggestions of tyre combos and exhaust?